These strategic planning documents will outline agreed management responses to the priority transboundary water-related environmental problems identified in the transboundary diagnostic analysis (TDA). The NAPs will comprise of national component of basin-wide activities and specific national activities. They provide the vehicle to integrate basin-wide actions outlined in the SAP into national planning processes and budgets.
Key elements of these planning documents will be:
- A description of environmental status and priority concerns
- Rationale and objectives, including shorter-term (operational) targets and
longer-term (strategic) targets
- A coherent pipeline of projects
- Implementation arrangements, institutions, time lines, resources and resource mobilisation, monitoring parameters.
Supporting Technical Reports
- Brown, C. 2013. Basin-wide Environmental Flow Regime in the Orange-Senqu River Basin. Technical Report Number 45.
- Du Plessis, M. 2013. Development of Basin-Wide Water Resources Quality Guidelines and Monitoring System. Technical Report Number 44.
- Pontius, J, et al. 2011. Public participation and communications plan. [Later modified into TOR for NAPs-SAP facilitating consultant] Technical Report Number 7.
- Robins, N, et al. 2013. Key Issues Related to Groundwater Management in the Orange-Senqu River Basin. Technical Report 50.
- Schachtschneider, K, et al. 2013. Control of Alien Invasive Plants in the Orange-Senqu River Basin Technical Report Number 46.
- Van Niekerk, L, et al. 2013. Priority Interventions of the Management of the Orange-Senqu River Mouth. Technical Report Number 47.